Monday, October 15, 2007

WBCOOP

Well, this was interesting. I was wiring my basement with my uncle yesterday. We started at 3:15, right after the blogger championship started. Third hand in I get QQ and raise. Get two callers on and take a 9 high flop. One bets the other calls and I push. Two folds and I am at 18000. I go help for an hour come back and have 14000. While my uncle smokes I play 10 hands, on #9 I get 9c10c in late position and call a raise with two others. Flop is 9h8c7c. There is a bet from the OR, a min raise and I push. Min raiser calls with 6h6d. Turn is the 6s. River 6c. Yep, straight flush > 4 of a kind. Go me. I am at 30000 only playing 10 hands an hour. I come back and there are 400 some-odd people left and I have 16000. First hand back I raise the 400/800 blinds to 4000 from MP with 99. Two callers including the button and BB and we see an A 10 9 flop rainbow. BB goes all in for 16000 or so and has me covered by a bit. I instacall and the button folds. He flips the JackAce. Turn 8. River Q and I am done. We stopped working right after that too and I could have came back with somewhere around 30K heading into the homestretch with 500/1000 blinds. Very shitty way to go. Also because of the work had to leave a HORSE tournament with 30K in chips and 50 people left. Ended up blinding out in 25th place. Really didn't think I'd go that quick, but I guess the antes and blinds got me. Probably a lot of bring-ins as usual in RSE.

I'm not complaining too much, my uncle the electrician did the whole back of our basement for free. We are turning it into a workout room and all we have paid for so far is the wood for the frame and the dry wall. My father in law did the framing, uncle for the wiring and a friend of mine will be doing the dry wall. The dry wall may have to wait unless I can get another big guy to come over and help lift it, as I'm having my vasectomy this Friday and won't be able to left anything. We'll just have to wait and be hopeful.

No comments: