Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Home Game Funny Story

This actually happened a couple weeks ago and thought I'd share.

Before the game starts there are two new guys (to me at least) who show up. One is a big guy, looks like a lumberjack, the other looks as skinny as a rail and could have been (read: was absolutely) high. The skinny one is carrying 3 miller lite bottles in a six pack container. Nothing abnormal for people to be drinking beer at the game, so no biggie.

When we get down to 3 players I hadn't even noticed the guy drinking, but he was definitely not the best player. Hell, he wasn't even mediocre. He liked to limp in and min bet everything. So, my standard play was to play along and check raise every hand regardless. This worked 90% of the time. The other 10% he only called and I knew I was toast. Anyway, at least 5 times within an hour or so dude would knock his bottle over and it would clink around the floor until he picked it up. Only at the very end did we realize he had somehow switched from miller lite to a fifth of Jim Beam that was nearly polished off. There may have been a shot left. Not sure how much it had in it to start, but I am going to assume dude was completely blitzed at the end. Didn't show it too much as he just sat there the whole time looking dumb.

Yeah, probably not funny unless you were there, but still. I ended up winning that night taking a 150K chip lead against 5K. It only took one hand to finish him off. I'm sure it only took one more swig to finish off that bottle as well.

No comments: