Monday, December 3, 2007

Disappointing Finish

Ended up finishing in 10th in the PokerSavvy tournament yesterday. As you might remember, 1st place was a trip to the PokerStars PCA. I can't say I've ever played a tournament better. Very first hand I get all in with AsKs against KQo on a Ad6s7s board. I didn't need the flush to come through. From there I coasted to 8k chips during the first and stayed there until the second break. This was good for anywhere from 1st-8th place at all times. The third hour started the fireworks beginning with the previous hand. From there, I chipped back up to 10000 within two orbits. Then, with 10 people left the Cutoff raised and I went all in from the BB with QQ. He calls with AQ and one of the 27 Aces in the deck hits the river. Gone, with only 150 savvy points as a consolation. Will use that with some leftover savvy points for a $25 amazon card. Not a doubt in my mind though, if I win those two hands I win the package easily. The tournament was littered with bad players more than willing to give their chips away with middle pair/top pair no kicker. I would like to thank pokersavvy for putting this on, I read some complaints in the forum, but they hosted, I think, 14 tournaments worth $200-500 each as well as gave away a $12K PCA package and 5000 savvy points. I could not be more impressed, and if you get a chance, use the link and sign up. Lots of goodies for completing bonuses, like Ipods, gift certificates, and cash. Good luck everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dave

thx for playing and sorry to see that one hand didn't go your way. i'm glad you enjoyed the promo and thankx for your kind words about pokersavvy.

matt

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, if you want to play in another freeroll I am having one at FuzionPoker.com for $250. My name is Graham in the forum. Just PM me your username at Carbon and I'll add you to the list without doing the minimum 10 posts that I require from the rest.