Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Accident

Was in one last week. It was the other guys fault while driving down 270. I'm banged up and hoping the meds help ease my pain. Not much poker at all. Two home games last Friday and Saturday. Came out $10 ahead on Friday (ugh) and lost $40 on Saturday in the tournament. Couldn't push a calling station in the BB off his JackAce. I had KQ and fired on every street (I was in second place at the time, behind said calling station who had gotten there by calling off his entire stack with a pair of deuces for a huge all in on the flop, other guy had KK and lost to river deuce. His explanation was that he had an Ace kicker. Kick me in the nuts now.) Any way, the board was all low cards and I fired 20K on the river. He had about 25K left and called it off with Ace High. There was about 40K in the pot and blinds were 2000/4000 (numbers off a little I'm sure), so I can't come up with a reason for his play other than he was a calling station and I should have saved my chips. Oh well, we were on the final table bubble, with 5 getting paid (out of 18, so you need to win to get a decent pay out) and I was there to win. I'm going to AC on the 28th to play some tournaments at the Taj starting at noon and ending with the midnight tourney (depending on how I do early on and how I am playing). If you are around, drop me a line.

2 comments:

Riggstad said...

email me and I'll shoot you my info..

I'll be down there quite often that week with a bunch of other Pa bloggers as well.. Probably Al in tow, as well as luck and snak...

I won one of the Taj dailys last year during xmas week. 300 players. Good times

post said...

im hosting my bounty tourney tomorrow night ..details
Sunday Night , 10 pm EST ( 22:00 )
buyin - $20+2, Bounty Knockout tourney
password - thepokergrind