Monday, November 5, 2007

Tagged

Riggstad tagged me so my other reader must suffer through more of my drivel. Here are da rules:

A). Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog...

B). Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself...

C). Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs...

D). Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

OK, here goes:

1. I work 71 miles from home and drive a minimum of 3 hours a day.

2. I was the Senior Class President in highschool and my very first email address that year (this was in 1999, we were a little late to the internet thingy at my house) was presidentdavelee at yahoo dot com. It stuck and it is still my main email today along with a gmail version as well.

3. I was active duty Navy for 5 years and advanced to E-5. I’ve been in the reserves for about a year and have advanced to E-6. A large part of advancement is knowing your shit on a 100 question test. I was in the 95th and 98th percentile the two times I took it.

4. I have incredible luck at just about everything. I’ve won 5 or 6 radio call in contests and can seemingly get through at will. I’ve won concert tickets, baseball tickets, cd’s, heavenly ham gift certificates and mccormick and shmicks gift certificate. I know I’m forgetting something though.

5. I worked in a bar when I was 14 through 17. It was in Fells Point in Baltimore and was the best job a kid could ever have. The tips working the night grill (8pm-2am) were amazing. I was clearing over $80 a night (huge money for a 14/17 yo, sometimes it was 50, sometimes it was 250, you never knew) working 4 days a week during the summer.

6. In college I took a biology class that was supposed to be insanely difficult. The word on the streets (or in the classroom) was that no one had gotten an “A” in 4 years. I went into the final with a grade of 89.5 and was told by the teacher that he prefers to round down (prick). Didn’t fucking matter since I scored a 95 on the test.

7. My wife and I currently have a foreign exchange student staying with us until the middle of next year.

Pick 7: I am pretty sure this has made its way around to everyone and if you haven’t done it, consider yourself tagged.

5 comments:

Fuel55 said...

"1. I work 71 miles from home and drive a minimum of 3 hours a day."

Are you insane?

It would be a stretch to say I've driven 2000 miles this year. A fairly big stretch too.

Graidar said...

I do believe I have some issues. It is very unfortunate that housing is not affordable in the D.C. area and we had to move over an hour away to afford a nice house.

Fuel55 said...

Vancouver is the same. A 3 or 4 bedroom newish (uder 5 years)on a standard 33x122' lot on Vancouver's westside (5 minutes from downtown) starts at about $1.8 million now.

This has forced people out into the valley as far as 2 hours drive away where they are still spending $500-600K for a decent house.

I am so glad we got in 10 years ago before prices went ballistic.

Graidar said...

That sounds about right, if you buy in Potomac or DC or Northern VA you are not getting anything under $800K and that is going to be a shack with no yard. We got our 4 br 3 ba new house for $390. Put our house in the heart of DC and it would clear $1.5 mil or so. We didn't have much choice though since the Navy kept moving us, we finally got to settle down after I got out.

lj said...

3 hours a day of driving would make me insane, but i lived in bay area for awhile and knew people who did the same thing and drove even longer every day.