Friday, September 28, 2007

Stats

As some other blogs have been mentioning, the Chris Ferguson challenge is a great way to control your bankroll. I always seem to be able to get up to $700 or $800, only to head back towards $200/300 during a bad string. Now that I'm up to $780, I want to start employing these three rules taken from Chris' website

"I'll never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go with more than 5 percent of my total bankroll (there is an exception for the lowest limits: I'm allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less).
I won't buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll and I'm allowed to buy into any multi-table tournament that costs $1.
If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represents more than 10 percent of my total bankroll, I must leave the game when the blinds reach me. "

So right now, I have $780 which limits me to putting no more than $39 into a SNG or cash table, and no more than $15.60 into a tournament. I was sticking to $6.50 turbo SNG's, but I made the jump last night and played two $16 turbo SNG's. I took third in one, which was devestating because I started 3-handed play with 9000 chips. Doubled both of the other players up on consecutive hands with pocket 10's and 9's. Lost to AQ and AJ each time. Downhill from there culminating with a walk in the big blind with K10. Flopped two pair, got all the money in against pocket queens and he hit one of his two outs on the river. We each had 5000 chips at the time and he won on the next hand. So I lost $3 on the night.

I have a home game tonight, hopefully I'll get to pad my stats there, and I'm hoping to play a ton this weekend since I have no navy reserve activities, or anything for that matter other than watching football.

No comments: