Thursday, September 27, 2007

More SNG Madness

Got a chance to play a good bit of poker (for me) yesterday. 12 SNG's and two tournaments. The SNG's either ended very fast, or went far. No bubbling, but too many 5/6/8 places. I finished ITM 4 times (1, 1, 2, 3) for a huge $3 profit. Woot. I have a document that I'm working on to track everything, just trying to work out some of the kinks and work in a way to show the T$ and W$. I played in two tournaments which were utterly frustrating.

Played in a $2 rebuy sattellite to an $88 sattellite. Down to 14 with 13 geting the seat and 14th getting $14. I'm in for $10 after an initial rebuy, a double rebuy after busting and the add-on. Both myself and another super short stack (think 1500 chips with 600/1200 blinds and an ante) are all in. I was forced in as the big blind already, the other shorty is all in and three others have called and check down. I've got shit, and don't improve. I have to hope that the other short stack busts too, because I had him outchipped starting the hand. Board is AKJ25, with a flush possible. Shorty has Q10 for broadway and I get $14.

Next tourney I play is $8.80 Omaha Hi/Lo. I was running really well in this one, and we are already in the second tier of payouts down to 17 players. Next bump is at the final table. I raise on the button with KK23 and the BB calling station (has been for hours) calls. Flop is 555 and he checks, I bet and he calls. Turn is a 4. I bet all in and he calls with AA96. River is a 9 making it a Hi hand only and he takes it. Very frustrating. After the hand he had 40K with 600/1200 blinds, and plenty of room to with a lot of mid/shorties still out there. $13.66 profit for my troubles. I like that I've gone deep in a ton of tournaments, but I'd like to step it up to go deep more often, rather than take that initial weak payout. Of course, I shouldn't be complaining too much with the HORSE win and all. Good luck at the tables everyone.

No comments: