Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Yesterday Hand

This one turned out a lot different than I thought and none of the players had close to what I was thinking at the time.

UTG+1 ended up limping with 8's, not feeling like he could just call the reraise decided to put the pressure back on the BB who didn't seem overly powerful.

Short Stack had 10h7s and although he seemed like he was a decent player, this was a weird move when he had no fold equity and could have seen at least 3 more hands.

BB had pocket 9's with his insta call. I was shocked to not see at least Jacks, but I was expecting Q's, K's or Aces from his quick call.

BB was bereted for his move but it was a moot point really with the flop being 8, 9, A. The board bricked out and the BB became a monster stack while knocking out one player and crippling another. In the end, I told them both that even had the BB just called preflop, the money would have found a way into the middle with set over set. Let me know what you think and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Riggstad said...

yeah man, with no fold equity I have a hard time thinking his move was anything less than impatient, or whatthefuckish...

88 pushing like that after an early limp makes me believe that the insta call with 99 is questionable as well, but if he has decided at worst he is facing a race, god bless him....

you are right however, stating that all of it goes in on that flop. Even the 10 7.. I would assume that he is first to act as the small blind so either pushing first or check raising.

however, he shouldn't have been near the hand... IMO