Thursday, January 3, 2008

Not a lot of time these days

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to all!!!

I've been a busy guy these last couple of weeks but I did manage to make it up to Atlantic City last Friday. $50 +15 tournament and 6 of us ended up chopping the $5400 prize pot at the end.

Big stack guy had over a million in chips and took $1200 (first was originally $2200) and everyone else too $870.

The 5 of us left each had between 200K and 250K with 20/40K blinds with 10K ante. In other words, it was a crap shoot. I'm really shocked that big stack walked away with only $1200, but he seemed happy. I was happy to make just under 2nd place money without having to get lucky the rest of the way.

Best play of the night saw me limp UTG with KK with 10 people left. There was a raise on every hand so I wanted to reraise when it happened instead of pushing everyone out. Of course there were 4 limpers. With 5/10K blinds there was over 60K in the pot. Flop was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, K 6 3 rainbow. Blinds check, I check and everyone else checks to the Cutoff who goes all in for 150K. Folds to me and I think about it for a little and call all in for my 75K. Everyone else unfortunately folds and he flips up A9o. I went from happy, to sad, to ecstatic all in a few moments. That gave me a lot of muscle as we dropped from 10-6 within about 25-30 minutes.

I was the last one holding out on the deal because one of the guys had about 80K and I wanted to see him gone before doing the deal. A couple of double ups put everyone at the same level with the ever increasing blinds and I got into the deal before things went sour.

Anyone have any thoughts on the deal? I wasn't entirely comfortable taking the deal because I was playing so well, but I think it would have been stupid to turn down the guaranteed big money with such huge blinds.

Sorry to Riggstad, since neglecting the blog for a couple weeks, I also neglected to read his comment that he would be in the area. Hopefully when I head back up in the end of January you can make it up.

Good luck in the New Year everyone!!!

2 comments:

Riggstad said...

I'm always there!

Just shoot me an email when you paln on heading back up!

Unknown said...

Hi Blogger,

I have a business offer for you please contact me at Amy.evens@topspot-promotions.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Amy