Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Down the home stretch...

School is over next Tuesday. That's all I have to say about that.

2 for 3 in token SNG's last night, I totally would have signed up for the MATH if I had known it was Turbo. Having off Monday, I didn't get online much, and when I did, I didn't read any blogs so I was unaware of this change. Very frustrating.

Also frustrating? Getting down to 30 in the 7K guarantee, and with 500/1000 blinds and 5000 chips getting called to the river by a big stack who had A8o. I had KQ and the board was K4567. In that order with no flushes possible. I led out preflop and on every street. Also had a third person in the pot for the flop and turn, and that still didn't scare off ole big stackin donk.

So, instead of having around 13K with 30 left I am out in 30th with nothing to show for it.

Does anyone else play in the WRGPT? If not, you should check it out for next year. I just doubled up today on our 5th hand. The villain's 75o was no match for A4 on an A62Q2 board. Still not when the call-bluff would work, but I would enjoy the insight one day. Good luck at the tables everyone.

1 comment:

iamhoff said...

Bummer beat. It sucks having to fight someone playing big stack bully because they can. Oh well, das poker. But to take your mind off the beats, you've been tagged.